Design Thinking is a methodology to develop innovation focused on people. It is necessary to solve complex problems in a creative way.
Imagination, sensitivity, imagination, logic and creative thinking are used to give the user what they really want.
What are the phases of Design Thinking?
– Empathize with users or customers. It is the way to extract the maximum of information, data from verbal and non-verbal communication, that will guide us towards the attainment of actionable knowledge. Investigate, understand, know what the clients want, know them.
– Define their needs, their problems and their ideas. Create a base on which we can develop alternative and new added-value approaches.
– Ideate innovative solutions. It is the brain storming phase, one of the most important parts because many fresh ideas come into the project. Any idea is welcome since the most small to the greater.
– Prototype. It is not the final solution neither a final answer to the problem, but is a move forward in the middle of a cycle of a continuous improvement. In this stage we need to visualize what we are going to offer. In the case of a product, with the materials available, or in digital in the case of a software we need to be able to visualize the product or service that we are going to offer.
– Test. Go to the test mode with the different solutions proposed. Because exams are necessary on the road to excellence to ensure adjustment and future customer or user satisfaction.
Digital transformation is the process by which organizations or companies reorganize their work methods and strategies in general, to obtain more benefits thanks to the digitalization of processes and the dynamic implementation of new technologies.
The advantages of digital transformation are,
– Promote innovation in organizations.
– Improve the processes’ efficiency.
– Contribute to promote collaborative work and internal communication.
– Provide a rapid response capacity in a changing environment.
– Offer new business opportunities thanks to data analysis.
– Improve the customer experience.
There are many cases of success of companies that focused on people and made an approach through Design Thinking to make their digital transformation.
The first step is to know what people really want, not the apparent needs. We need to obtain the insights that help us redefine our service and adapt it to those needs.
Redesigning our product or service adapting them to digital transformation means valuing technologies, imagining a new business model, reinventing the user experience. Create value for both users and the company.
For that purpose, Design Thinking combined with other agile methodologies, is the key to realize a product and service that generates value and benefit.